I always loved how a whole baked chicken looks. It’s such a perfect way to celebrate the bird. You get to taste and enjoy all the different flavors of the chicken, instead of only eating one piece of it. I finally got to it and made a whole chicken. My friend gave me a bit of advice, but I mostly created this dish on my own. It was super easy to make. I don’t like complicated recipes, so I thought I’d share with you this uncomplicated and inexpensive way to bake a whole chicken. Besides for the skin being a bit darker than perfect, it turned out really yummy. The best part is, you’ll probably have leftovers for the next day.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Barbecue Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 160c / 320f.
- Chop up the sweet potatoes, carrots and potatoes.
- Put them in a baking pan.
- Add the whole chicken on top.
- Season everything with salt and black pepper.
- Add some butter/margarine to the pan. Some on top of the veggies, and some on or inside the chicken.
- Brush barbecue sauce onto the chicken and a bit on the veggies.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Once the chicken is ready, turn the oven to the highest temperature and set it to broil.
- Uncover the chicken and broil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the skin of the chicken is crispy. Be sure not to burn the skin.
Dig in and enjoy!
What is your favorite way to make chicken?