I love drinking coffee. I drink several cups a day. My favorite way to drink coffee is with a cookie or a slice of cake on the side. It adds a little bit of sweetness to my day. I used this recipe for inspiration but created my own twist on the cake. My recipe is below.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract (I used homemade Madagascar vanilla made with vodka that a family friend gifted to me)
- 2 shots of expresso
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Maple Syrupe
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175c (350f).
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Oil the baking pan you’re using so the cake doesn’t stick to it.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Flip over onto a plate when it’s cooled for at least 30 minutes.
- For the icing: blend maple syrup and powdered sugar together until you get the consistency you want. The more sugar you add, the thicker it’ll be. Drizzle the icing on top of your cake.
Pour yourself a cup or coffee and dig in. It’s the perfect way to start the morning.
What’s your favorite type of coffee cake?