I love drinking coffee. I drink several cups a day. My favorite way to drink coffee is with a cookie or a slice of cake on the side. It adds a little bit of sweetness to my day. I used this recipe for inspiration but created my own twist on the cake. My recipe is below.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract (I used homemade Madagascar vanilla made with vodka that a family friend gifted to me)
- 2 shots of expresso
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Maple Syrupe
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175c (350f).
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Oil the baking pan you’re using so the cake doesn’t stick to it.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Flip over onto a plate when it’s cooled for at least 30 minutes.
- For the icing: blend maple syrup and powdered sugar together until you get the consistency you want. The more sugar you add, the thicker it’ll be. Drizzle the icing on top of your cake.
Pour yourself a cup or coffee and dig in. It’s the perfect way to start the morning.
Be sure to follow me on my Instagram and my Facebook where I post all about Dutch living and more.
What’s your favorite type of coffee cake?
3 People reacted on this
[…] I’m always worried that someone will go hungry. For the Thanksgiving meal dessert, I made a coffee cake, but I thought it wouldn’t be enough, even though I also had a bunch of chocolates. So I […]
[…] hot lunch. I always add some other elements to spice it up, like eggs and veggies. I love getting creative with my food. Here is a simple way to perk up a boring bowl of instant […]
[…] Do you love sweets but dislike following recipes? Congratulations, you’re just like me. This is my play on carrot cake and lemon icing. I used part of the recipes from bettycrocker.com (cake) & thekitchenmagpie.com (icing) but put my own twist on them. […]