I love drinking coffee. I drink several cups a day. My favorite way to drink coffee is with a cookie or a slice of cake on the side. It adds a little bit of sweetness to my day. I used this recipe for inspiration but created my own twist on the cake. My recipe is below.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract (I used homemade Madagascar vanilla made with vodka that a family friend gifted to me)
- 2 shots of expresso
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Honey, cocoa powder and ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 175c (350f).
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Oil the baking pan you’re using so the cake doesn’t stick to it.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Flip over onto a plate when it’s cooled for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some honey, cocoa powder, and ground cinnamon on top.
Pour yourself a cup or coffee and dig in. It’s the perfect way to start the morning.
What’s your favorite type of coffee cake?