If I had a choice of any dinner, I would choose spaghetti. I love spaghetti. It’s my favorite type of pasta. I usually buy both whole wheat and regular white spaghetti and mix the two. That way I feel like I’m eating healthy. I know that’s not how it works, but that’s how I feel. Whenever my boyfriend asks me what we are eating for dinner, I always answer spaghetti. He always says he wants pancakes. Dutch people are obsessed with pancakes.
I love spaghetti, but I don’t like taking the time to make a whole tomato sauce. So I usually go with bottled tomato sauce from my local grocery store. It’s a super simple tomato sauce, and I just add spices. Top it with some sausage or whatever type of protein you’d like. I use whatever I have in the house, sausage, chicken, or even ground meet.
Total preparation and cook time: No more than 25 minutes.
- Tomato sauce
- Black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Bell peppers
- Water for boiling spaghetti
- Put on a pot of water. Put the spaghetti in once the water is boiling. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, put some oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onions, zucchini, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped sausage.
- Add the salt, black pepper, finely chopped garlic, Italian seasoning.
- Add in the tomato sauce. Let it simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is done, drain the water.
- Put some spaghetti on a plate. Pour the tomato sauce, veggie & sausage mix over the spaghetti.
Eat it while it’s still hot. I usually make enough to eat it as leftovers the next day.