I always try to make use of whatever I have at home. Some days I’m like “omg I have no food in the house, what am I going to make for dinner?” Then I kind of think about it, look around, and try to create a dish with what I have. That way I don’t have to always run to the grocery store because I’m missing several ingredients. I like to create something from nothing.
This chicken salad was a something from nothing creation.
- Spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
- Water for Cooking Spaghetti
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Soy Sauce
- Hearts of Palm
- Oil for Frying
- Canned Corn
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Chicken Legs & Thighs
- Preheat the oven to 350f (177c).
- Make a mix of half soy sauce and half honey. Pour over chicken.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 2 hours.
- Cook the spaghetti until it’s ready.
- Fry onions in oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked spaghetti and fried onions together.
- Chop the chicken up.
- Add the soy sauce & honey sauce that the chicken cooked in & the chopped chicken to the bowl with spaghetti.
- Finely cut the hearts of palm, sun-dried tomatoes, and canned corn. Add into bowl with spaghetti.
- Add in a little bit sesame seed oil & a bunch sesame seeds.
- Mix everything together.
This salad can be eaten cold or hot. Dig in and enjoy!