I love anything chocolate. If there was anything I couldn’t live without, chocolate would be on the top of my list. I love the sweetness, the nuttiness, and the richness of the chocolate. It’s just so damn delicious. Chocolate goes with anything. I love chocolate with wine, with beer, and especially with coffee.
It’s very hard to find a proper chocolate cake in the Netherlands. The grocery stores and bakeries sell pastries and fruit tarts, but not chocolate cake. So I decided to make my own.
I was so happy because my cake turned out perfectly. A lot of times, chocolate cakes turn out very dry. This recipe was perfect because the cake was so incredibly moist and had the most delicious chocolate flavor. The best part was, it was so easy to make.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- ¾ of a cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used soy milk)
- ½ cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F (177C).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the wet ingredients except for the boiling water.
- Once everything is mixed, add the boiling water.
- Mix. The batter will be very liquidy.
- Grease a cake pan with oil or margarine.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
I mixed some margarine, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and soy milk together. Once the mixture is creamy, it’s ready. I never really follow a recipe for frosting, I just wing it. Add a little bit here, add a little there.
I love strawberries. I went to a farm in my neighborhood to get some strawberries, so I decided to use them as my topping. I just chopped some up and put it on top of my cake.
It was so good, the chocolate cake was completely gone within 24 hours. I’m definitely going to make this chocolate cake again.
Follow my adventures and say hello to me on my Instagram.