Every country has its own version of pancakes. In the US, pancakes are thick and served with butter and syrup. In the Netherlands, they are a bit thick and called pannenkoeken. In France, they are a little thinner than in the Netherlands and called crêpes. In those three examples, all of them are made from flour and served with something like syrup and/or a bunch of toppings.
I prefer the American style pancake complete with the crispy edges. That is the most delicious pancake. Fried in oil, topped with maple syrup, strawberries, and sometimes even powdered sugar. Here is a super quick and easy recipe that tastes delicious.
This recipe made just enough pancakes for one breakfast for my boyfriend and me.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (I used soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Syrup and/or powdered sugar
- Oil for frying
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Pour some in the pan to create the pancakes.
- Fry until brown and crispy on the edges.
- Top with chopped strawberries, syrup and/or powdered sugar.
Follow my adventures and say hello to me on my Instagram.
What’s your favorite pancake topping?