My favorite season is finally here: fall! I’m so excited to drink copious amounts of hot chocolate and wear all my poufy sweaters and coats. I love the feeling of fall. The way the air smells and feels. I love cozying up to a blanket, or most of the time, my boyfriend.
One of my favorite dishes to make when it’s chilly outside is some sort of soup. I love a good steaming hot bowl of soup. I usually make more or less the same type of soup, plus or minus a few ingredients. It turns out to be the perfect bowl of joy on a chilly day. This one is delicious and easy to make. Just put how much you want of each ingredient instead of me telling you exact amounts.
- Turkey Legs
- Curry powder
- Paprika spice
- Ground black pepper
- Fox point seasoning
- Sweet Potato
- Peel and chop an onion in half. Peel a few cloves of garlic.
- Put both the onion and garlic cloves into a pot of water.
- Add some sort of protein such as turkey legs or whatever part of the chicken you have.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, curry powder, paprika spice, and fox point seasoning. Add as much as you want, add to taste.
- Let the onion, garlic, turkey, and spices cook on a very low heat for 3 hours or more.
- Once it’s cooked for at least 3 hours, add chopped potato and sweet potato.
- Let it cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then add chopped carrots. Let it cook for another 20 minutes or so.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the eggs. Let all the veggies cook for 20 more minutes.
- Then turn the pot up to boiling. Crack a few eggs into the soup.
- After 5 minutes, your soup is ready.
What is your favorite type of soup to warm up to?